I've had a lot of adventures this week. First I'll talk about my TRC investigator. Elder K------ and I had four lessons with this young Chinese woman named "Lin" (her real name is Chinese and hard to remember). We soon became fast friends and we looked forward to meeting with her. We helped her with her English homework which was awesome. We got so close to her but the problem was that Elder K------ and I were under the impression that we were not supposed to ask them to be baptized (we found out later that we just couldn't be the one's who baptized her) so we never asked her
We have another investigator named Rod. He and his wife have incompatible blood making it almost impossible for them to have children. They do have once daughter but she has had four heart surgeries and two babies who died. So we taught him about eternal families. We told his he would see his children and that they had done something so great in heaven that they had no need to be tested here on Earth and that they will be with Heavenly Father, happy forever. He was so excited and happy to this message and when we told him he can one day raise his children and be their father he was so filled with joy. The spirit is so strong in the room. The next visit we had we went in planning on teaching the Restoration but when we came in he said "I have questions about baptism" My companion and I looked at each other and happily talked to him about the purpose of baptism. We obviously challenged him to be baptized and we had him say the closing prayer asking if that was the right thing for him to do. He then told us he had a really good feeling about it and that he will talk to his wife. YES!! Too bad it was our last visit with him because we were not allowed to have more. We really do learn to love love our investigators.
We have started our third one who is more difficult. Her name is Debi. We didn't get anywhere our first lesson because we couldn't get her to comprehend what faith was or the importance of it. She was obsessed with my companion's girlfriend (she was brought up in one of his stories about faith). She that they were crazy that they thought things would work out between them and she asked me if I seriously thought things could work out between them. I told her I had faith that they would. We left feeling frustrated but we prayed about her and we studied for our next visit about faith. This time things went well and she was able to understand what Faith was, because we made her realized a time when she had great faith/hope in her life. It was pretty cool.
Sunday, We heard talks by Brother and Sister Mher, who are high up in the church. They gave wonderful talks about listening to the spirit, be optimistic about our work and to not doubt how great of a work we are doing and how successful we are. We then got to watch one of my favorite movies Ephraim's Rescue. It is a tear jerker every time I watch it. It is such an amazing story.
The eleven missionaries in my district are singing a musical number in Sacrament meeting this Sunday, as per tradition on our last Sunday. We will be singing Come Thy Fount of Every Blessing or whatever it's called. We sound pretty okay.
I got to be a host to new missionaries, even though I don't really know my way around because I am the worst with directions. I helped one sister (I was released to allow her to be escorted to her residence by another sister) and two Elders unload their stuff, say goodbye to their families and bring them to where they should go. The second Elder had been given the wrong key to his room so we had to walk across the campus and get a new one at the front desk. I t all went better than I thought it would.
Yesterday I had in-field orientation, which is a several hour course that told me stuff about being a missionary. Then last night it was raining pretty hard. We escorted our sisters to their residence like usual and had them use our umbrellas to stay dry. The for the next hour, we stayed out side and gave sisters hour umbrellas to stay dry on their way to the residence so they wouldn't have to walk all the way there in the rain. We were so soaked by the time we were done. There was no dry clothing on us at all but we didn't care because we loved being able to help the sisters in the rain. We helped at least two dozen sister last night, probably more.
Yes I am still loving the MTC. I have seen Austin Seguine, Jason Doss and Megan Wagner. Yes Mom I'll try to respond to your questions, I don't have them with me right now though. Anyways, My testimony is growing every day. It is such a spiritual place. I leave Tuesday morning for my mission. I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week 
No comments:
Post a Comment