Friday, September 16, 2016

MTC Week 1

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? 

I am adjusting well to my MTC life. My companion is Elder K------. We get along really well. He is also going to the Salt Lake City West Mission. In my district there are six Elders and five Sisters. Four of us Elders are going to the same mission. We are all friends now and we have a lot of fun together. I found out that the day before I came here there was an apostle that came and spoke to the missionaries here. AW COME ON!!! 

Anyways, the food is good. There is plenty of it so it's no wonder people gain weight around here. For the future missionaries out there, I give your the most widely said peace of advice that I was give many times; DON'T DRINK THE ORANGE JUICE. I haven't drank any but the stories are terrifying. I have only forgot my name tag once and that was when I left my suit coat in my room. Don't worry, I remembered after we walked out of our building. One awkward moment I had was when my companion and I were working with one of the Sisters in my district and we finished giving a little presentation in our Branch President meeting. We high fived each other and all was well...then the President told us Elders and Sisters are not allowed to high five each other. Oops. Oh well. 

It's pretty amazing how amazing the spirit is. My companion and I were doing a mock meeting with our "investigator" (it was our teacher who was acting as an investigator) We were teaching her about the importance of families, going to church and paying tithing. We were supposed to be talking for ten minutes but when we ended we realized it had been twenty minutes. It was pretty crazy how it flowed so well that we totally lost track of time. It has been a lot better than I expected it to be. I love you guys! Have an awesome week!

                                       Sincerely,
                                            Elder Burner

P.S. My P-Days are on Friday's.

No comments:

Post a Comment