Monday, October 24, 2016

Mission Field Week 3

What's up everybody??? 

     I hope you have had a fantastic week. I'm typing this on Sunday night because early tomorrow morning Elders S---, K---, B--- and I are going on a bike ride down to temple square which is about ten miles. For those that do not know I have bad luck when it comes to riding bikes so there is a possibility that I may die a greenie in a biking accident. Oh well. It will be fun. We might be bringing a less active friend of ours as well so hopefully she will come along. I may not send my responses to those who emailed me till later in the day but don't worry I will reply. 

      My week started off going to a ward activity. We were working at the Bishop's storehouse putting containers of applesauce into boxes. For those who do not know, the Bishop's storehouse is where food is stored for those who are in need of it. Only 6 people out of the whole ward showed up to help. In total, Elder B--- and I put approximately 5,000 containers of applesauce into boxes. It wasn't that bad though. It's always nice to help people who need it. 

     The next day was zone conference which went from 10:00 to 3:30. It was a five and a half hour long meeting. At least the chairs were comfy and they fed us chick fil a. I probably didn't spell that right but whatevs. That night we had a meeting with the ward mission leader and we talked about missionary stuff. On the way home, we walked by an apartment building. This one room had the window open and we heard this couple arguing loudly and swearing at each other. We were contemplating calling the police when we heard a big smack! We then decided it was probably a good idea to call the police so we did. We don't know how things turned out but I hope the cop didn't have too much trouble.

       The next day was awesome because I went to dinner with Avery! We went to In n Out because we needed to rush to our appointment after. It was really cool cuz who else is in the same city with a sibling when on a mission? No mom we didn't have time for pictures please don't disown me or anything.

       Then on Saturday I had my first baptism! His name is E---- and he is from Liberia. He has such a strong testimony and even though almost nobody from the ward showed up, the spirit was really strong and he was crying after. My mission president and his wife were there and they said that it was one of the best baptisms they had ever been to. Yes mom I did take a picture with him and I will attach it to the end of the email. After the baptism the assistants to the mission president, the zone leaders and Elder and Sister R----- came together
in the church kitchen, where Elder B--- taught everyone how to make sushi. Sister R----- also brought homemade chocolate chip cookies and a fruit salad for us to devour as well. They are pretty much our mission grandparents.

       So my mission president is so amazing. He has the philosophy that it isn't his job to police the missionaries so his number one rule is just don't be stupid. He is such a good man and his wife is amazing too. I could not have asked for a better mission president. 

       Well I hope you all had a wonderful week. I'm having a great time here. I've had a lot of...interesting experiences so far. My advice for all of you is to not drive like the Utah drivers. They are absolutely terrifying and I am happy I'm walking and not driving. 

Alright see ya everyone. Stay healthy, stay happy and be good drivers.

     Elder Burner

No comments:

Post a Comment