Monday, December 19, 2016

Mission Field Week 12

Hello everyone! 

I hope you all had a fantastic week. Mine started off by helping this elder named Elder K------, who is a huge Tongan missionary who went home on Tuesday, pack his mountain of stuff. When we finished we went and got Wendy's. My burger tasted fine but I ended up getting food poisoning and vomiting. Fun I know. So
that was rough and it took me a couple days to recover from that. Then last night I think the people who fed Elder G----- and I, gave us something that probably wasn't good anymore (it was pizza with a lot of stuff on it) because this morning we were not well to say the least. So that was pretty rough.

         So I think I told you about L----- before. He is a Tongan, returned missionary who was excommunicated and is trying to get his blessings back. He is a great guy, I love him to death. He had us come over and fed us horse. I'm not gonna lie, I've been excited to try it and it was actually pretty good! I'll attach a picture of it. I wasn't
able to eat a lot since I was still recovering from my experience with the death burger. After we ate, we shared a message and then L----- gave me some nice basketball shoes that are totally bomb. He is an awesome guy. We play basketball with him and a few other people on Wednesday nights and we have a good time.

        Elder G----- and I were supposed to go to Temple Square three times this week with three different investigators but they all cancelled on us so we were not able to go this week. We had a lot of people cancel on us this week so that was a bummer but we still had a lot of really good lessons. We did have a lesson with this little boy named B------. I think he is nine or ten. We got him on date for the seventh of January and we found out that either Elder G----- or I are going to baptize him so that will be a great experience for us.

        So that is about it for this week. I'm sorry this week's letter is a little negative but whatever, life goes on. I hope you all stay warm and have a very merry Christmas!!!

    Love you all,
     Elder Burner

No comments:

Post a Comment