Monday, December 19, 2016

Mission Field Week 9

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving and week. I suppose I will start off with talking about how my Thanksgiving went.

    So on Thanksgiving, my thumb was mostly healed but still wasn't all the way better by any means. I decided to try a new way of treating my thumb. It was called playing football with a bunch of Tongans. I'm sure you can agree that it was the best idea ever. Yes we are allowed to play football, we just can't play tackle. So I played and did pretty well considering I was playing with adult Polynesians. I got two touchdowns and I won the game by getting the interception that declared us winners so that was pretty cool. The only downside was that we were playing in the snow and I had decided that tennis shoes and basketball shorts were the ideal clothing for the occasion and that my thumb was not feeling super great. It would just take a few days longer to heal all the way now. Pretty cool right? We later went to dinner at a less active family's home. The food was really good but the house smelled badly of cigarettes. Oh well.

     The work has been slowing getting better. We met a guy named O----. He is a great guy and is excited to take the lessons with us. I am very happy we have the privilege of working with him. We also met with a man named J---- who is also interested. His brother just passed away about 2 or 3 weeks ago so he has been having a hard time with that. We went over the Plan of Salvation with him and he really liked it. He is a very nice man who is going through a tough time.

   So the other day Elder G----- and I went to this store which sells the rejected products of other stores and stuff like that. It was a DI for stores so you can by candy and other stuff for stupid cheap. When we were on our way in a car honked at us and we waved as usual and went inside. Later in the store, Elder Gr----- and I walked past the young girls that waved at us. When we did they started giggling and making whatever other noises girls that age make make. We thought that was a little odd. Then at the check out, one of them came over and asked how old I was. I told her and she ran back to her friends. She came back and said that her friend thought I was hot. Her friend looked like she was about 12....if even. Elder G----- and K------ (the guy that lives with us and who gave us a ride) started dying of laughter. Well at least I have fans.

    Last night I went to temple square with the H---- brothers. It was really cool! The lights were awesome. We stopped and talked with these two sister missionaries for almost an hour. They were really cool and it was really funny watching the younger H----- brother, who is the inactive one, hit on one of the sisters. We were laughing pretty hard. I asked if they knew Sister W-----. She said she did and she would tell her hi for me. Yes I did take some pictures of the temple and the lights and I will be sending them. I hope you all have a wonderful week and stay warm. Love you all.

      Elder Burner




No comments:

Post a Comment