Hello everyone!
I hope you all had a great week. I don't have a lot to talk about for this week. I usually use my journal to help me remember what happened this week, but I had to write with my left hand with a pen. If it was with a pencil it wouldn't be a problem because I've had a lot of practice with writing with a pencil left handed. Pen is a lot harder. So what I'm getting at is I didn't write a lot. But my thumb is doing a lot better now so I am back to writing with my normal terrible handwriting again.
We had something really unusual happen twice this week. So twice we have had people call us and ask us to come over and teach them. We figured they were either crazy or just wanted a welfare check from the church. But they turned out to be super awesome! The first were a couple that have not come to church in a very long time. They are in their late twenties I think. His name is T----- and her's is K-----. When we knocked on the door, T----- answered and he had tattoos all over his neck and on his knuckles, so I instantly liked him. They are really spiritual people and they really want to be more like Christ in all that they do so they really are golden investigators. The second call we got was from a man named D-----. He is a really kind man. He has a seven year old daughter who was mad at him because he wouldn't put Ghostbusters on pay per view for her to watch so she said "Daddy I don't like you right now". He responded by saying "Well Daddy loves you very much". He's super kind and he has been having a lot of troubles in life right now which has led him to humble himself and seek out help from us. I challenged him to baptism on the first lesson and he accepted with joy. It was really cool.
Unfortunately, I then found out I am getting transferred out of our area tomorrow. Awww man. Oh well. I am getting transferred to the Granger North Stake. So I'm staying in my district though. Elder B--- is the new district leader which is hilarious because of who he is. He's a great missionary and all, he just likes to watch the world burn. But the good news is, I think I am now in Avery's area. Weird right? I'm not for sure though. My new companion is Elder G----. He seems like a pretty fun guy. The only problem I have with him is that I know he likes to go to the gym and work out at 6 in the morning, which means we would be getting up an hour early. But luckily for me, President Palmer is putting restrictions on gym for missionaries since a lot of them are going into debt because they don't pay their gym membership fee.
Yesterday I went on splits with Elder K---- again because our companions are working on their musical firesides with the Polynesian choir "Devine Heritage". Since K---- is also getting transferred, we went around to the people in his ward he was close to and said goodbye. When we were at dinner with a member family, they had 3 daughters ages 17, 13 and 7. The 13 year old really likes Superman so she had an instant giant crush on Elder K----. It was pretty hilarious. We took a picture with them and the mom should have sent it to you Mom. As we walked out the girl yelled "I love you!" to Elder K---- and I nearly died laughing. Poor K----. We then went to another family who were very nice and fed us a second dinner. We laughed a lot with them. I'll try to send the picture I took with them. The last family we went to was one of the ward mission leaders. They served us pina colada and margaritas (non alcoholic of course) which were really good. They have really great people in their area.
Well that is pretty much everything. Mom I'll be sure to answer all your unanswered questions later today. Have a great week everybody. Be good and don't drive like a lot of Utah drivers do.
Love,
Elder Burner

No comments:
Post a Comment