Monday, November 14, 2016

Mission Field Week 7

Hey what's up everybody? 

So in my last email I believe I stated that I was getting transferred. I did and I am now literally down the street from Avery. It's a little unusual but it's perfectly fine in my opinion. He took us out to Sizzler the other night and the three of us ended up getting a free meal since apparently they like missionaries. That was pretty cool. My companion is Elder G----. He has been out for a total of about 8 months. I say total because when he was only a couple transfers in, he went home because he thought mission life wasn't for him. He then went and played a year of college football. After a year he began to consider going back on his mission. Soon after that he became a starter for his football team. Nevertheless, he prayed about it a lot and decided that serving a mission was more important. So he quit and came back out. He is a very nice guy and we get along very well.

     We are over the G------ North Stake. Our one stake is one of the biggest stakes in the mission. We cover a Cambodian branch that technically extends all the way to Provo. You would think we would have a car right? Sadly not. We walk everywhere which makes it very hard to knock doors since everyone is so spread out. We talked to the assistants and they said that since we cover such a large area we will be the first to get a car once they come in. We were excited for a moment, then he told us that the new cars won't be coming in till January. Oh well we'll get walking then.

    One of the few lessons we taught this week was with this elderly lady who is known to bring a Pastor along to our lessons to bible bash with us. We were kinda looking forward to it so that we could just refuse to bash with him and be super nice to him, blowing his mind. But he never showed up. The lady was very interesting. She kept asking us questions she obviously already knew the answer to and was trying to trip us up with her questions and reasoning. It was pretty weird. She kept asking us if we believed God physically impregnated Mary or if it was the Holy Ghost that did (neither of those are correct by the way). We were able to answer her questions though, but five minutes into the 45 minute lesson the spirit was gone so it just wasn't very great.

    We are currently living in a room with the Spanish elders. We have two bunkbeds in one room and one bathroom so things are a little crowded. We all get along very well so that's really nice. We, along with the Zone Leaders, go to the gym at 6AM most mornings. Unfortunately, my sprained thumb isn't completely healed yet (I have nearly full movement, it's just a little tender) so I can't lift there. So I decided to just run on the treadmill. I usually go around 2-4 miles on it without puking which for me is incredible so that's pretty cool.

     Thanksgiving is coming up soon. We have had one offer to feed us so far but I don't know what we will be doing that day. I do know that it is an all day P-day so I'll be able to respond to your emails on Thursday all day instead of only until 6PM.

     I have not been seeing any riots since Trump was elected president. I'm sure there are people throwing fits everywhere but since I don't watch the news I have not heard much at all on the subject.

     I live upstairs in a member's home. It would probably be best to send all packages to the mission office. I hope you have all had a great week. I heard it will probably be snowing this week so I may not survive but whatever. Love you all and I hope you all stay warm. Sorry I've been lazy with pictures.

   Elder Burner

No comments:

Post a Comment