I don't have a lot of stuff to say for this week. Elder B---'s friend took us to a Thai food restaurant which was really good. He was around 60 years old I think and is a yoga instructor. He was a pretty cool guy. Later in the week Avery took us to Red Robin. It was awesome to hang out with him and the food was really good. My companion regretted ordering the ghost pepper burger though. His fault.
So we have a sorta investigator named T---. I say sorta because she really just needs a friend right now. Anyways, we were going to help fix her bike. Her tires were all messed up so we took them to get new tubes the next day for her. We stopped at some food trucks for dinner. The one we went to was called the Fatty Tuna, where I had some really good ramen. We accidentally left the tires there and when we went back for them someone had stolen them. So Elder B---, since he has quite a bit of money in his savings, decided it wasn't right to go back to her empty handed, so we went to the Pawn Shop and bought her a new bike. It was a nice bike and it cost him less to buy it then it would have to fix the tires. Weird right? She was really thankful for our help.
Speaking of bikes, so we moved apartments on Saturday. When we arrived in the parking lot on our bikes, my bike did something wack and sent me flying. I am so glad I did martial arts for so long cuz I rolled and was on my feet instantly (the member that saw it said I was a circus performer in a past life). I was seemingly unhurt for several minutes before I realized I had sprained my right thumb. It is rather uncomfortable, but the important thing is that the incident looked super awesome. We just got wifi in our apartment, but we still don't have a functioning water heater but that will be fixed today I hope.
I had the awesome experience to sing with the Samoan/Tongan choir called Devine Heritage. Even though I can't sing to save my life or anyone else's life, it was pretty cool. I only know four words in Samoan. I can say hello, excuse me, thank you and I'm white.
See ya later!
Elder Burner
Elder Burner
No comments:
Post a Comment